Whale Large Capital
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Investing
  • Politics
  • World News
  • Business
  • Investing

Whale Large Capital

Politics

John Kirby denies US involvement in Lebanon device attacks: ‘We want to see the war end’

by September 19, 2024
September 19, 2024
John Kirby denies US involvement in Lebanon device attacks: ‘We want to see the war end’

National Security communications adviser John Kirby shot down multiple questions Wednesday about possible U.S. involvement in the explosion of hundreds of electronic devices used by Hezbollah members in Lebanon.

‘We were not involved in [Tuesday’s] incidents or [Wednesday’s] in any way. And I don’t have anything more to share,’ Kirby said when asked to respond to the attacks. 

Kirby’s comments came hours after several blasts were heard around Lebanon’s capital of Beirut and other parts of the country. Hezbollah’s Al Manar TV reported the explosions were the result of walkie-talkies detonating. 

At least nine people were killed and another 300 were wounded in Wednesday’s attack, according to Lebanon’s Health Ministry. 

The explosions came just a day after pagers used by hundreds of Hezbollah members exploded throughout Lebanon and parts of Syria, killing at least 12 people – including two children – and wounding thousands more. 

Both attacks are widely believed to have been the work of Israel, which has been fighting with Hezbollah almost daily since Oct. 8, the day after a deadly Hamas-led assault in southern Israel triggered the war in Gaza. 

Since then, hundreds have been killed in strikes in Lebanon and dozens in Israel, while tens of thousands on each side of the border have been displaced. Hezbollah said its strikes are in support of its ally, Hamas.

Reporters repeatedly pressed Kirby on Wednesday to say whether the U.S. was involved in the back-to-back attacks targeting members of Hezbollah or had been informed beforehand.  

Kirby reiterated that he did not ‘have anything more to share today.’ 

‘We want to see the war end. And everything we’ve been doing since the beginning has been designed to prevent the conflict from escalating,’ Kirby said. ‘We still believe that there is a diplomatic path forward, particularly up near Lebanon.’ 

The attacks have heightened fears that what has been intermittent fighting between Israel and Hezbollah could escalate into an all-out war. 

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told Israeli troops Wednesday: ‘We are at the start of a new phase in the war — it requires courage, determination and perseverance.’ 

Gallant made no mention of the exploding devices but praised the work of Israel’s army and security agencies, saying ‘the results are very impressive.’ 

Hezbollah announced three strikes on parts of northern Israel Wednesday, at least one of which took place after the latest round of explosions in Lebanon.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS
0
FacebookTwitterGoogle +Pinterest
previous post
Australian police infiltrate encrypted messaging app Ghost and arrest dozens
next post
Schoolboy, 10, killed in new China stabbing attack near Japanese school

You may also like

US judge blocks Trump effort to cut Planned...

July 28, 2025

EU preparing 19th round of Russia sanctions as...

August 18, 2025

GOP hardliners rally around Trump, Musk scaling back...

February 3, 2025

House Republicans to elect new Trump-era leadership with...

November 13, 2024

Trump remains committed to US owning Gaza, says...

February 10, 2025

‘Watermelon head’: Trump trolls Democratic Sen Schiff

April 9, 2025

Mother of missing Marine veteran calls Trump admin...

January 22, 2025

Republicans, Democrats trade barbs in heated hearing on...

April 1, 2025

New Russiagate evidence ‘directly’ points to Obama, DOJ...

July 23, 2025

Vance congratulates Miller on new Trump administration position

November 11, 2024

    Subscribe today to receive exclusive access to all our retirement secrets and income strategies, including special financial news and updates from our experts. From time to time, our newsletters feature valuable insights and analysis on the latest financial trends. Don't miss out on these exclusive updates – join our subscription to stay informed!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.



    Latest

    • Trump nominees squeezed between ‘blue slips’ and blue obstruction

      August 31, 2025
    • Trump appointee exits US foreign aid agency after four-month sprint: ‘Mission accomplished’

      August 31, 2025
    • Sen. Bernie Sanders calls on RFK Jr. to resign following departure of CDC officials

      August 31, 2025
    • Israel eliminates Houthi prime minister in Yemen airstrike targeting senior government officials

      August 31, 2025
    • Dyan Cannon denied White House entry after lying about her age on passport documents

      August 30, 2025
    • Epstein estate to hand over ‘birthday book’ to lawmakers, House Dem says

      August 30, 2025

    Categories

    • Business (786)
    • Investing (661)
    • Politics (5,415)
    • World News (3,213)
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact us
    • About us

    Disclaimer: WhaleLargeCapital.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    Copyright © 2025 WhaleLargeCapital.com | All Rights Reserved